Saturday, May 27, 2006

Sun and Rain of everyday life

Life has its funny and sweet moments with all the horrors that go around and funnily
it is friends who make so much difference.

I am someone who gets chappatis for lunch something rare down south so all my friends tease me whenever i get rice may be once in month that it will rain in evening while goin home...and somehow it does...and somehow mom being busy this week only put rice and gosh........it did not rain in the evening.
Early in dawn at 4 it rained i guess and all the three of them and me at their homes far away somehow woke up with rain splattering from their deep sleeps and all of them thought of the same thing sleepily...........my tiffin and smiled to themselves in the night ....and that was the first joke next day.

Well thats a smiling thought.........the rest of this is like a mess.....
All the Sr members in my project who have been in the project for one year have put in their resignation.....and i am like mera number kab ayega.I just cant take the look in all eyes...you next .....
The smile is wiped off my lead's face...... does not say hi any more....calls up only when thers some work scenario.

All this while i've to struggle with the scheduling for a bunch of new joinees who dont know a and b and the resignees who dont care abt a's and b's.
The problem with so many people is they just dont dare....sometimes may be me too but i have my reasons.Like my official timing was 9 i went at 9.30 morning...now its 9.30 i go at 10 am..........but my lead does not ask me straight bcoz they know i'll answer the inevitable " u want me here at 9.30 i will......but i'm outta here at 6.30...take ur pick"........but the issue is they keep telling me to ask ppl in my team to come early....which to be seems like hmmmmm.

There's this new fresher reporting to me.....Gosh i cant beleive i teach them to deceive me.....he does not like the work...i know but he finishes it faster than some other slow tortoises...and said to me "mam can i leave" at 5 pm.I was like now????
why any specific work..."no mam i finished my assigned work".........i was like oh yeah then start off the next...we have a such a tight schedule and you are supposed to continue..............he was like this is not fair...........i came at 8 and started work(now just coz im friendly he dared say this)....i literally had to openly say "did i ask u to come a t 8 and start your work...u cud have browsed chatted or whatever"

He had this look on :( on face....
My friends who are just 1+yr exp were like he finished his work...u cud have let him go nah.
I only said well well i wud love to because i would say the same when my work done i am leaving but it does not work like that in mid size IT companies....its all about team work Sr managers will say.....and if you want it that way of individuality stand up and say it.
That these people won't do.When i asked this guy any issues tell me i'll try to report them to management ....he said " why bother and spoil your impression with the PL....work quietly till u will then push off".
Hence i told him gr8 going kid if thats how it you wish.Work bcoz those who cant stand up ...can sulk but have to work......

I finally at 6 said ok go ahead leave ...he was like no thats fine movie tickets wont be available now.......i was like wellllllllll...........if that was the case u better learn making excuses.....i cant teach you what excuses to make to me.

Actually i should push off faster from here....i seem to be the most anti management proxy manager.Added to it my friends find my desk at the backend of the hall safest to fill Application/Candidate info of all companies.Also i seem to have the habit of shooting myself in the foot all by myself.

A guy in my team resigned week after i took over and i was asked can you explain...i was like huh ...u really think he did all this in a week......of course i know it was for paycheck.
My PL was like if u knew why u did not tell TL.I was like when u knew i thought TL also knows and i got a good lecture on hierarchy.

PL was like why do u think think ppl are leaving like this...its not paycheck ........its the feeling of being not valued and all that crap.
Well i told that value stuff comes at your position may be but for freshers and 1 to 2+ exp ppl paisa bolta hai.
Then i was told the market is great we know but still why so many leaving.
I could only only say :"Well market is good and everyone is like make Hay while the sun shines".
It was a wonderful pause and Immediate question
"So yamini what about ...for you too make hay....."
I was like pulling up my diplomacy
"ah...it depends on how much hay for me ...see i am neither fresher nor exp...so who knows may be for a big bundle ....i dont know...nothing as of now but who knows."

I did not then have my cam phone else this was a capturable moment.

Since then sun has never been shining on my PL's face.

No comments: