Wednesday, September 06, 2006

The words that remain....

Some lines just kind of float in ur mind for long.....Very few lines i mange to remember....
My memory is like what they say RAM in IT.I simply forget as much as i love what i read....just a lingering essence of it stays in mind.The words are forgotten faster than what i read.Then there are some words somelines you cant forget some words that you hear just once seem so very simple but they just refuse to budge from the mind.These are a few of those lines i read somewhere

Ek tuti hui zanjeer ki fariyaad hai hum
aur duniya ye samajti hai ki azaad hai hum


Not sure why i started this post ....but will continue it sometime
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I left it at that on 25th July and then realised today it was a part post....but whats there to complete....anyway a few more lines on the same thoughts
You have fascinating books and some not so fascinating...but people who love books would any day tell you that there is something...some lines..irrrelevant mostly that remains from some books...sometimes that something may be a very vague feeling .

I am not speaking about the brilliant quotable quotes of a book ...but some very simple thing that randomly just sticks on in mind. I have my own special lines from books.
I will start with a book that i disliked.there was a book by I Allan Sealy called Everest Hotel.I simply did not like it somehow may be the subject was too uninteresting for me.The author though describes beautifully.......I hardly remember anything much of the book and story except my dislike of the book and this line

"faye made a nunnery out of her garden and you've made a garden out of your nunnery."

Probably it sort of reminds me in the end you can make anything out of anything..welll what is this thing i,m writing hmmm...................I ve never realised why i simply remember those lines they just sort of stuck in the mind.where i struggle to memorize anything these days ...u just dont forget some lines.

Then there's that excellent book by Vikram Seth " A Suitable boy". agree with whoever said that many people who talk about it would not have read it....its real time bulky.Well i read it over a month of my visits to the library on the weekend ...and ther's a lovely soap opera kinda story in it and all that..what i can never forget is a set of lines whose meaning condensed to something like below.....

The heroine says to Kabir a guy she's leaving to marry another......."remember you got five runs that day in a ball.its like that ...life....but...you cannot score five runs everyday can you...same in life"........it was a strange analogy but it stuck.

I guess i will add to this post....... some more lines which i cant recall.......my mind is kinda blocked.....now........too much work and depressive atmosphere is building up at office.

No comments: