Monday, December 25, 2006

The Short trip in Mid-Air

I seem to have so much on mind and yet i end up writing nothing its like too much clutter. So i thought of going back to something we used to do when in school. Write an essay about..............
So here's it....
That i went up in a flight for the first time pretty unprepared for a flight journey and with way too many other kinds of thoughts on mind is just one part of it.
The rains in Chennai kind of required me to board a flight cancelling my train....and people being being people had just one question which one are you flying....and everyone from my lead to my colleague , friends had one line to say ....when i answered Kingfisher.
"My my thats expensive ....hmmm lucky girl....we all get Spicejet"Heck it was pure chance else the travel organizer for my organization was simply unwilling to beleive that i needed a flight till she got it first hand that trains was cancelled.

Though what really is the differnce i am a bit dense up there i guess... or some day when i fly a lil bit more i may know....All i could spot the differnce was the Air Hostesses were real time eye-candy compared to the others....which explains it for some people .

Rest i honestly couldnt figure out.For me it was like Damn it who wanted to go up in the clouds real time at 5.30 in the morning when i would have happily been dreaming it up in the clouds...usually at that time.

Well finally got in and and i wondered if i'd have those flight problems people talk about. Hmm none whatesover. My permanent worry was my file containing all my certificates (all that i have earned as they say).


Finally when i started looking out of the window and slowly the scenery dissapeared and clouds enveloped all around....my thoughts were like the following.
So beautiful like somewhere near the north pole or south pole covered in snow.....Then it struck me....ah i know i am an earth person who likes being on the ground....thats why even the clouds i realte them to somewhere on ground.As much as i loved those clouds and thought them beautiful somehow they never seemed real to me.In fact next i related those real clouds funnily to the fake ones we see in movies. I was remembering those wooly wooly snowy scenes of fairies and all dream scene sets they show in movies.
Thats the irony of life i guess...reality becomes unreal.


But then as i looked on and on at them and saw the sun coming up like gold among them i realised why some people love flying so much.. i know few....why they become so dreamy when they talk about flying planes....and being up in the clouds.No ,I love my earth its lovely trees and slow breezes , but when you just stare at them and you ve known and seen people who talk of them and imagine them you realise the power, the freedom the longing that flying up there in those hazy bluish whites that some people may feel.


Me well if the take off was cool the landing was like i though i'd go deaf with the pain my ears...but i still hear .Though i hear i do not listen ... and quite some people have it figured out...it seems.... so my lead put me onto Listening Skills training. Next post may be on that.

No comments: