Monday, January 01, 2007

New day...year Thoughts

I kinda like Picasso …I mean nah I am not that much of a painting connoisseur but I mean his quotes…..like my fav which I tell to all my hard working friends…I am a bad influence hmmm

You must always work not just within but below your means 
If you can handle three elements, handle only two. 
If you can handle ten, then handle only five. In that way the
 ones you do handle, you handle with more ease, 
more mastery, and you create a feeling of strength in reserve.  --Pablo Picasso 

so many of his quotes gel with my ideas in life…..and so witty…just read this

Patron standing next to Picasso at one of his exhibits: 
"What does this painting represent Mesiuer (sp) Picasso?
Picasso: "it represents 7 miliion francs madame."

Oks I guess I love so many things…… I am muddled up and so is this blog Nietzsche , Piccaso , Orhan Pamuk…..(Still am go get over his speech last few lines why I write ohhhhhhh… )Harry Potter

Ruskin Bond

Wodehouse

Vikram Seth

Friedman...... and what not...

What a Mélange…would it not be better to say I’m completely messed up with my thoughts….. … or I am too moody ….. may be but its my blog and here there’s no need to be better I guess let it be Happy New year….i tell myself ……

ah is it lets see how it would be……….2006 was also said to be a very Happy new year and what did I get/do in 2006 I asked myself….
I got a new house and most importantly a room though I have not been able to enjoy it at all due to all the accompanied hassles financial and otherwise that come with a house.

I got a Visa which is essentially of no use it seems.

I got a promotion which simply added to the headaches of my profession while adding no real value to my resume.


I found some lost old friends who are essentially still lost due to the profession and work.

Ah what a list…..I am essentially a bit strange I guess. As people age and approach their thirties they get religious or at least more spiritual. I seem to be reverse engineered….. I seem to be getting more agnostic and more importantly scientific.



P.S: Saddam was hanged and in the evening my sister told me the discussion at lunch at her office. It seems Saddam would go directly to heaven as as per Hindu calendar on that ekadashi as the gates of heaven were kept open that day.Some one countered no that cant be ours and theirs heavens are different..... :( what chats we educated people have ...

Good piece of gossip …we laughed. Sad part is some local channel put that too on news the next day. That’s why I am off watching TV.

No comments: