Saturday, November 10, 2007

why isn’t it ever unfair in my favour?

So its Diwali and i am posting on this blog out here…..
That pretty much implies i am not into crackers
and i have had my share of watching the sparklers from the balcony.
The last 10 days have been a strain heavily on me …..
…..so straining that my only refuge was Calvin….and
i promptly updated my signature lines to
"Reality continues to ruin my life "(and it sure does…god or whoever
has such a bad imagination)
Does Calvin rock….or what…I certainly dont remember every strip of his
or all the names and stuff but his one liners i tell ya….Thats all
thats there in this world.Bill Watterson you just are great.

I got my much awaited and debated appraisal….
and i am asked Are you happy and then leaving no chance as the
expression my face
became clear i am told "You should be happy".
Gosh how people love to control other people's emotions too …
At home parents/family tell you …you should like what they select
/give.At office its the boss.

Damn i dont even get sympathy once i get outside with my pay
cheque….cause i am told and true it is that except for a few excellent
i've got the 2nd or 3rd best possible deal at my grade. Hmm the only
line i could think of is
"In the kingdom of the blind….one eyed is the king".

Whatever it is the thing is its over and i ve reached a dead end in my
career too apart from my life which seems to be perenially stuck
there.

Added to it my healths been at its lowest since probably years
and nothing really scares the living daylights off me than bad
health.My imagination runs riot …and i just congratulate myself once
more that despite being a topper in biology at school i never wanted
to become a doctor cause blood and gore and my imagination(developed
by unintentionally watching those UGC programmes on brain surgery
/skull drilling …i puke almost whenever i remember that).I would have
imagined all the diseases i studied on myself.
One of the best decisions of my life….not taking up biology beyond school.

So sitting tired and staring at some horrible work at desk I casually
remembered Bill gates and Calvin together and some farmers exploited
by middlemen.
This is the crux story of outsourcing which i figured out by some
chance glances at figures on some computers at work.
In the US the company saves $4000 by outsourcing a $8000 work to
india. Super saving $4000.
The company here thus bills 1 Engineer around $4000 to this us client
and pays the engineer $ 1000.
Assuming a $500 administrative expense per engineer our dear
entrepreuner makes a cool $2500 profit.and they say farmers are
exploited by middlemen.What about poor us….But we lack the courage to
bet on and be an entrepreuner …hmmm.

Gates said: Life is not fair get used to it.
Calvin:"I know ….but why isn't it ever unfair in my favour?"

No comments: