Monday, January 21, 2008

Kuch Taare Jo Kabhi Na Honge Sitare

I saw  ' Taare Zameen Pe' and I think by now there are enough reviews of that movie and so I hardly need to write one  but what got me impressed  was a different but related thing.A comment on some channel or paper by Aamir to the effect that  if he started a movie about the troubles and pains faced by parents it would never end.

I remembered that line when in the movie the very troubled father angrily says "To kya karoon zindagi bhar ise ghar me baith ke khilaon kya".(What do I do feed him forever at home) .It seems such a heartless statement against such a cute boy right but think of a ground realities and you realize.

 A simple normal middle class nuclear  family , with one breadwinner though they love their child can only do so much. Unlike in movies there are few sympathies for anyone in this world who does not stand up and get counted in this rat race. You hate being in the race but you have no choice they push you in the line. (I felt this most boarding Mumbai local trains.) .

The usual answer is the government should provide special schools and provisions in transports buildings etc for differently abled people. Lets be frank , in the current scenario is it feasible for the next four or five decades for this to happen in our country (even with the best intentions) where even the strongest get tired  in our public transport.(oh yeah one visit to Mumbai taught me that). 

Yes I loved that child as he was sweet charming, but I wonder what if they shot the movie with a not so cute child, would our audiences lap up with equal sympathies. 

Also I had a general thought on the tagline

" Every child is special ". Is it?

So once you turn 18 you no longer are.

Why every human being is not special is what I lament about?

There's nothing wrong with loving children, they are adorable (and I confess I too like most enjoy them except some ever crying ones).In them unfortunately most parents  dream up their own dreams gone bad and some even sadly look them up  as old age investment.

But once a child grows up  do they no longer need the same things, as that child in the movie needed , affection ,belief , a bit of help, trust confidence.

I may not seem politically correct but I often feel that we whip up lot media hype on differently abled,  old aged, diseased  essentially , people where sympathy factor can be hyped. What about normal people who live with such.Life in world is very hard to survive and if anything I really admire the people who take care of people with disabilities and diseases with real hear felt concern and not as a job.

In fact its so sad to see teachers of today. Its like if you don't get any job you become a teacher and how the heck they treat children.

Ah our days were so better – at least 1 in 5 was admirable and inspirational.  

Even the movie showed a wrong point, "Every child is special"- Lets face it and it's a fact not every dyslexic child became Einstein or Picasso and in that school of Aamir not everyone had the same level  of ability. So again there's a race among the differently abled.  

So while we can never admire those boring people lets not be that unsympathetic to them

" Every Human being is special" if to no one to the himself , at least near and dear ones should emphasize that , its not just for cute children.

The pain of the child is true , but so is the pain of those parents.Not that I don't have issues with parents but as Aamir says that story never ends. 

Then I remembered our school days when so many of them wanted to be in the airforce. It was a passion like anything and today everyone wants to be a software engineer or a businessman.

Oh those days !!!

And how all ended up

No comments: