Sunday, April 19, 2009

Just a bit of Sarcasm

Sarcasm - I will agree is " intellect on the offensive"
and yeah you dont just get it just like that
- you need to suffer and then get over it with the spirit .

You could see it yesterday with rahul dravid saying what he did
"Conditions like these give boys like me a chance to play"
Oh how the modest man has changed with all that he has been through and the way times
have changed with the young aggresive men.

But then I will go back to my beautiful school days to reiterate how time takes off the rose colored glasses.

Here's the lovely poetry by Surdas - something that I loved then and now too
the difference being just the way I think


kavita

Translated loosely it says
Where would I find peace and happiness O lord
but am just like a bird on a ship would fly all around and be back to the ship.

Leaving the lotus eyed god who would pray to the other gods
Just as Leaving the great and pure Ganges only a fool would go and dig a well.

Just as any bee who once having tasted the sweet nectar of lotus would never have the bittergourd
Leaving Surdas's great god who is like kamdhenu(provider of all wishes) who would milk a goat.


I loved the beauty of poem - it was taught with great passion by the old teacher and
I love reciting it just like just that life's ways make me think of it with sarcasm

Why will some one who has tasted sweet nectar eat Bitter gourd - Ok dear they will if they have diabetes
Why will some one with sense dig a well leaving the Ganges - Hmm if u see the Ganges and the sins and the filth in it any one with an iota of sense will dig a well
And goats milk does have its uses in the health conscious and other areas where the great cow cannot survive.

It means nothing much - beyond that I 've gotten over so many illusions that I now feel it was nice to have them .
As mark Twain famously says
"Dont part with illusions. When they are gone, you may still exist,
but you have ceased to live
."

No comments: