Thursday, January 26, 2006

As i look back on a really favorite love story

I just got onto a site where i found a bunch of e books so was thrilled....why when i actually hate ebooks..well ebooks are good for reference and for looking back not to read completely.i always wanted to have those wonderful bookshelves lined with oh so many books but what with my getting a room for myself still a dream..i cant imagine a library for myself...so with the cramped up space that life is here ebooks help to have near you whatever you like to refer back.....good esp for some one like me who reads a looooot but remembers only what i like ...or hate...all the other stuff i kind of forget...of nearly 200 novels(including quite soem nonsensical timepass) i compiled as having read i guess i hardly remember 100 of them.
E books help help here.....say a 300 page novel if u do not possess at home and read in a library then after 2years you only remember 20 pages of it ...rest is like a vague story....the special lines and all get lost.So i collect whatever few i can and with a compilation of all short stories of archer in txt format...

I was pleased to download and re-read my favorite story called "Old love" in a "Quiver full of arrows" by Jeffrey Archer...and i loved it.I think its one of the most loveliest love stories thats been written..at least surely one among the numerous ive read.Its not like the most sentimental stuff or emotional play ....its simply wonderful verbal banter and i have a weakness for such.

I enjoy such stuff immensely be it in movies or serials and definitely in books.Probably thats why 'Friends' happens to be my favorite sitcom...not that i watch many but still i really love verbal duels.I enjoy Jeffrey archer in general anyway but his short stories i find a lot more interesting than his more famous novels........though Not a penny more ....is awesome i must say(Funnily that was the only Archer book i had not read a few years back....so i read the best the last)But most of his short stories are those sudden endings....clever stories of law and crime and such but when you speak of a love story and Archer people may think twice but this one story called "Old love" beats them all for me.
Its wonderful...i still remember the first time i read it in college i could almost make up a sharukh kajol movie out of it...its so slick clever and fun yet very touching....full of arguments and one line repartees.
Too good...just read it twice in less tahn an hour...i am hopeless...i have to study for my distance exam which i wont ....donno why i applied firstly and i have to brush up my technical stuff to get out this job and here i am rereading stories and then blogging. i really am hopeless in the scheme of this world.
I have a tendency to enjoy what i hear more than visual i think because my memory funnily is more verbal not visual.....my thought today was this ....i cannot remmeber much what i saw somehow in a day...in fact i think most of the time i do not even notice...i hear... i listen....Someone in my old office once had said(dont know what he meant by that to this date)
" you dont see things ....yeah u use ur ears too well"......may be the fact that i overhear...well people should take care what and where to talk i thought cant help it if ur audible to me i thought. yeah i mean i do listen to things around(not get in and hear like ekta kapoors serials where it is compulsory to hide and overhear private conversations) ....and i am very perceptive about reading between the lines...what i dont hear.I some how lack a visual memory ...hmm.....and i make it up by imagination.As i said i dont see but if i know what it is i kind of imagine it ..... i guess its better than reality.Imagination always is extremes....i guess too good or too bad.I tried asking myself what flowers in my garden i remember and god i remembered so many and i know i imagine them prettier than they were sometimes(flowers are anyway lovely i tell myself)....my imagination corrupts my memory always...may be thats why i keep this blog so i look back and remember rather than imagine things.

Well now where did i start the post...yeah its really the best short love story(its such a simple story and yet its too good...honestly simple things and gestures are the most beautiful and memorable any day).

No comments: