Thursday, January 19, 2006

Positivity...my arguments

This is written for a friend ... a dear stubborn person (though a little less than me) who’s simply hell bent on making life hard ....added to it he says thats the
thrill of life.hmm
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well i tried to write a positive post as you said .......actually thought but then i have
just one thought what do you mean by positive.....its like saying yes this is good ....i may not see why it happened...its good basically in one line “whatever happens it
happens for the good”.
Not a hard thing if you just want to put in words but what objective will it acheive...the immediate example: “yeah its good that my exit policy says two months notice ...now
instead of being lazy i will focus more on exiting this trap.So i should be happy about it rather than curse the HR for such stupid mindless changes.”Well if thats positive dear
i am definitely not into it.


Firstly id say i would have been happier if youd live beleiving in positivity ...

whatever negative happened with you saddened me( i know now u’ll say its not negative) ...may be my sadness is nothing compared to the pain of yours of losing your dream but neverthless it made me sad to see someone shaken from their beleif in positivity in ...self beleif...yes i'd still like it if you'd have that stubborn beleif that if not today someday u'll crack ur dream...but as i said life gets to you after a certain point.I would have been
happiest to lose this point but as i said life kind of wins and i hate it....i really hate it.

I am not writing this in defence as i dont explain or actually i dont care to explain
myself but its only for the concern you express that i am trying to clarify.
Negative people are people who belittle others dreams...people who only beleive they have only one perspective and think all others are wrong.It is never that simple.
I do not consider myself negative ... but yes my instant reaction to anything is to immediately see the negative aspect of it but i have always said..it is my mind which is negative . At heart i am very optimistic else id not survive the failures of this world.

The thing that i argue for...is also positivity but we have a difference of perception in seeing it.For you positive thinking is a denial of the existence of negative. You want to try to find a positive out look in every happening. In my case positive thinking is hoping and trying to be positive despite the existence of the negative and unfavorable circumstances. Its like this you see a cracked glass and say ignore the crack ...its a beautiful glass anyway...id say no it has a crack and still there are some ways of cracking glass which makes them look very pretty but neverthless there is a crack. Its never the perfect clear glass the way it was to be.It is here that our perspectives differ.

Positive attitude may make you succeed i guess more so in today's competitive world where there is no time to get over wounds true but then how it relates to living life i doubt.

To write only positive stuff when i relate something say on my blog is like telling myself what i choose to say...i.e like whatever i see i say yes thats fine ...thats right ...thats good. Its like denying the truth and claiming to be happy when you are not and constantly doing it trains one in those great areas of being unattached and unaffected.I think that takes away the pleasure of being a human being.Saints may be great but m not too fond of them.
The ability to feel is very important as per me.”To live with the saints in heaven will be eternal bliss and glory, But to live with saints on earth is an altogether different story!”
If given a choice between feeling numb and feeling pain i guess i will go for pain because pain symbolises you are alive.....it makes you hope for it to end and bring soothing.I hate the feeling of no feeling --- of no sadness...because then it means no happiness.I am not very fond of the nirvana state....beyond happiness and pain.

But all this is for me...there are people for whom it works better to cultivate such attitude of unaffectednes....its helpful....it makes life easy though its hard to cultivate the detached attitude.As for me no ..... i like to be angry....sad and then find something to be happy despite it and i can be that ...my greatest problem are always a bunch of people whose thinking is very negative with respect to my chosen ways and thoughts.These people are present in every sphere and while negative people are to be avoided is suggested its not posible in reality u have to deal with them.

The problem at least for me from your perspective is this ...if you deny the existence of negative and take all things as same as in your case positive then you stop feeling you start laughing and saying you are happy about everything this slowly makes you kind of inanimate in the sense that you lose feeling.

May be thats what all those great teachers preach the state of being unaffected by anything but personally i am not greatly in favor of that.Human beings are supposed to feel and yes if something goes to extremes one should handle it but taking all things as same as is preached in all our great stuff is not my cup of tea.
I dont find it great...this sense of unattachment of being unaffected...and your way of positivity is similar to that .Whatever happens you say may be something good is why it happened but all i ask is fine you are true but i think yeah but if it had happened as i had hoped it would have been very good.
My fault was by sulking too much on that “very good factor” i lose the “present good”.
The past few years surely changed that aspect.....i probably live more in the moment these days than for tomorrow...but somewhere i miss the hope for tommorow.

I never was negative dear...After all my favorite line was and is...
”Tomorrow is another day”.
P.S: All this is w.r.t me......you be happy truly as you are but never pretend to be happy.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The frequency of your posts are less and each of them are voluminous but yeah for sure delivers a message, an yeah surely not soporific, if yes I would not have added you blog to my fav. , are you trying to convey a message to someone...I don't like to be nosy just got to my mind that I could be gratutious not to retaliate for what you did to me... I was smattered by your blog and was in mayhem to mind and the equanimity in the blog really soothing. Thanks.