Wednesday, July 06, 2005

a poem remembered


it has been a long sad past week its put me in a strange blue mood
all i do i ends up in some mess somehow or the other
and worse of all i could not think straight
some worry kept going through the mind
nothing to pinpoint
probably its all about the chore life has become
i thought about people ,colleagues,friends
there was none i could say was the culprit
all seemed trapped by their own life to trap me .....
i am not really very fatalistic
but there are times wheni feel its hold over my life
and i don't know what to do.
office is a necessary evil to get through life....
family u have no choice...
self u have ,u had but where's the time to be with oneself.
as i walked home all i could remember was lines from a poem from school

I know that I shall meet my fate
Somewhere among the clouds above;
Those that I fight I do not hate
Those that I guard I do not love;..................
No likely end could bring them loss
Or leave them happier than before.
Nor law, nor duty bade me fight,
Nor public men, nor cheering crowds,
A lonely impulse of delightDrove to this tumult in the clouds;
I balanced all, brought all to mind,
The years to come seemed waste of breath,
A waste of breath the years behind....








No comments: