Friday, July 01, 2005

why am i so uninterested?

if someone told me i was uninteresting i'd not even think twice because its
understandable
i hardly am great fun or an exciting person to meet normally unless
i am with people who i have come to trust or cherish as friends
basically people with whom i can relate to and people who know and accept me as i am
then its another story altogether.

well when some at work asked me why am i so uninterested
or rather take no interest in any thing?
is a different question that set me thinking.

I had been accused rather indirectly and I made the usual socially polite comments.
When I could say the truth. there are two sides as usual.

As far as the background to this question its because of this
I'm not excited about going to our team picnic on a weekend to a oks sort of place ive visited many times and have to shell out money for that too.

Im not excited about decorating our office for our yearly event as this is to be done after slogging it all for a overseas client who has no inkling of all these events and needs work done.so what r the general encouraging statements…. its your office… stay late or come early and im to feel excited …..very interested.

I m not interested in taking part in dance and fashion show for the corporate party

representing our team.we need people please please they irritate me and some others as we refuse.

Can’t these people ask themselves why there are no people and if there aren’t its better to scrap it.but no they want to turn a blind eye to the fact that the crowd is such cheap that no one wants to get into it unless final team spirit card is played.if I don’t take the bait I don’t take interest in the cause of the team.

Dance ,fashion shows are the in thing .what if I don’t care

I am uninterested.i really am

So the other side now I try

So I am no good no interest in doing anything fun i.e dance ,fashion

No team spirit

Working at the organization as an also ran, add no value to the org.

For some time these thoughts made me wonder

As it also brought back memories of a previous job where some of this had occurred and similar accusations were observed in some people’s eyes.

But all I can say is do I exist for these organizations, corporations

just coz I work for them.

This happens says a close friend so only way out is go get your own business.so till i am at a job ive to trek along with this.

I will be uninterested in them yes I will be….. because I cannot get interested

  • Decorating offices in themes no one believes in to achieve team work.
  • Making people work on festivals like diwali/new year or whatever and say have fun here by decorating the building.
  • About taking up dreadful boring work just coz your manager says great words and asks for contribution.
  • In dance and fashion shows where people need material to comment and gossip.

I am not against fashion dance which I enjoy as much as any but to force people

albeit emotionally and use it to define attitude at workplace is not appreciable.

  • About drumming up every line of scanty praise showered by overseas client
  • In people who need such stuff to have excitement in life.

this quote I came across says it best

The shepherd always tries to persuade the sheep that their interests

and his own are the same

and then there are some sheep like me see through it but know we’ve to go on and are uninterested.


2 comments:

vaasu said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
vaasu said...

hmm..quite interesting:)